Admission Procedure (Internationals)
All International students are required to read the rules and guidelines to ensure all information is complete and frank. There are essentially three (3) basic steps to the application process:
Below is a sample estimate of a typical student studying at KTD:
STEP A: SUBMISSION OF DOCUMENTS
International students are advised to read the requirements for admission carefully and ensure all information submitted is complete.
- Obtain an International Application Form from KTD International Office.
- Complete the form and attach the following documents:
2.1 International students apply from country of origin (New applicants)
- a) To apply, please make payment of RM500 for application process;
b) 8 recent passport sized photographs (4cm X 5.5cm) with name and passport number written on the reverse side;
c) Certified true copies of all academic qualifications;
d) One (1) full set of photocopy of your passport – include all pages, including blank pages. (The passport must have a validity period of at least 15 months);
f) English translations of all documents submitted; and
g) Completed Medical Report
2.2 International students apply within Malaysia (Transfer student)
- a) To register, please make payment RM500 for application process; together with all documents from (b) to (g) listed above;
b) Request for the following documents from recent college/ institution and ensure that all
documents are CERTIFIED TRUE COPIESby the college/ institution;
– Release letter;
– Attendance record;
– Result slip or academic transcripts or certificates
- The documents shall be mailed or couriered to KTD listed on the Application Form.
- Initial fee payment RM500, inclusive of application fee process, payable by telegraphic transfer or bank draft to KTD Bank Account (details found on Application Form).
- Offer letter will be issued by KTD International Office/ KTD
Please write student name, passport and contact number at the reverse side of the cheque, bank draft or telegraphic transfer slip.
STEP B: LETTER OF ACCEPTANCE
Upon receipt of application form, required fees and relevant supporting documents, as explained above, KTD will post and email a copy of the Letter of Acceptance to the students if the International Student meets the entry requirements.
KTD International Office will submit the documents to the Malaysian Ministry of Higher Education and Malaysian Immigration Department to begin processing the Visa Approval Application.
This process will take approximately 6-8 weeks.
STEP C: VISA APPROVAL LETTER
When KTD International Office has received the required fees i.e. the fees have been credited into KTD bank account via Telegraphic Transfer or Bank Draft, it wills courier the original Letter of Acceptance and the Original Visa Approval Letter to the eligible international student.
*It is the prerogative and responsibility of the international student to check with the Malaysian Embassy in the respective home/ source country with regards special requirements or visa requirements before coming into Malaysia. For example, the international student may need to apply for Single Entry Visa to enter into Malaysia, in order to avoid a fine.